Monday, January 09, 2006

PantherTrail II

I recently had to compile a report of our lab's activity. That was an interesting exercise in futility for various reasons. As I have previously mentioned, we have switched from Accutrack, which seemed to crash daily, to PantherTrail as a more accurate means of record keeping. Most of our Accutrack data was lost, so I had to do a lot of estimating of this past summer's data. PantherTrail is so new, the report aspect of the system has not been ironed out. I have these records in PantherTrail that change everytime I look at the report. Needless to say, I don't think this report will be extremely accurate. I know I can't use it to request any sort of funding. The irony of all this is that I'm working in a computer lab, but requiring my tutors to keep paper records because the computer is unreliable.

No comments: