Friday, January 09, 2009

AskOnline

Funding for the CEA conference has been approved, so we presenters are beginning to make preparations. Since my work with AskOnline at this campus is fairly new, part of my preparation will be documenting the use of the program. Last semester was only preparation such as the web page content, tutor training, partnership with a faculty member, etc. This semester is our actual trial. I've been very concerned about the usage of the site. My work in this program at a different campus did not produce much response, yet another campus had an overwhelming response. It's very difficult to predict. I'm optimistic, however, because our first student request was submitted today, and we have not even announced it to our trial group yet. I'm scheduled to meet with the class next week. This student stumbled upon us while working with math. The math lab has been using the program for maybe 3 years now, and they've been quite successful.

No comments: