Friday, August 14, 2009

Online Tutoring Plans for This Semester

I'm still promoting online tutoring.  A couple of instructors have actually approached me about it, so that's progress.  I'm hoping to do a brief presentation on the EWL and our "new" online tutoring at the adjunct orientation for Comp I and II as well as the English cluster meeting.  Still on hold about that.

This semester in addition to my hours in the lab, I'll be teaching two developmental English classes, taking two classes of my own (Emerson and Thoreau and Theorizing Science Fiction), and working as a graduate assistant at FAU.  I am hoping to train a few more tutors on AskOnline and step back from the online tutoring project a little bit.  If I'm the only one promoting this resource and tutoring via this resource, it is not really an EWL project but my project.  For it to be a useful resource, it needs to be a resource of the entire lab not just one person.  

No comments: