Monday, June 27, 2005

Learn to Write

The web-based software Learn to Write has a lot to offer. Combine Comment with Exercise Central and you have a general idea of what it's like. It seems just slightly easier to maneuver than those other two softwares, though. I'm thinking about it. If I went with this, it would be silly to use AskOnline as well. The thing about AskOnline is that it is so userfriendly and can be used for all subjects. I start the pilot program with AskOnline tomorrow. Once again, the more features added to the program, the more complicated it becomes for the student. Occasionally I feel bogged down by all the technological wonders available to me. Am I letting my obsessions with gadgetry get in the way of the real purpose - to assist students in their subject matter? I wonder if sometimes all this extra stuff just gets in the way. The thing is we live in a technological age, and students pursuing an education should receive a full education that familiarizes them with technology. But how much is necessary, convenient, or beneficial?  

No comments: