Friday, June 17, 2005

My Skills Lab/Reading Road Trip

I have some unpredicted obstacles with this program:
  1. Apparently I need to have a lot of faculty support for the reps to bother molding this program to my needs. I know some faculty members are not very fond of the program because of the hassle it has given us in the past. I'm going to have to convince them that this will help us conquer those past problems.
  2. The reading instructor I have the most contact with has decided she does not like this program at all. She wants to go in an entirely new direction which means I'm going to have to redo lab assignments for her. She wants each student to have an individualized program to address his/her specific needs. While that would be ideal, I don't know if that is feasible. I'll do my best, but, ironically, I think my solution will be to modify Reading Road Trip.
Catch 22.

No comments: