Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Multimedia presentation

I am almost finished creating the independent training program for Tutoring English Online. I created a multimedia presentation using Audacity, PowerPoint, and Soft Chalk. The process seems cumbersome. I think I can do the whole process using Garage Band on my Mac. Not counting the creation of the original Power Point, it has taken me a week and a half to complete this presentation.
  1. I attended training for putting voice to Power Point using Audacity and Soft Chalk on the 17th.
  2. I checked the lab for computers with this software and found nothing.
  3. Since I do not have administrative rights to the computer I had to ask my supervisor to send a ticket to IT to install all the software.
  4. It was quickly installed by the next day.
  5. I spent 2 - 3 hours experimenting and recording my voice with Audacity and modifying my Power Point only to realize I was missing a plug-in to convert the Audacity file to an mp3 file. (In all fairness, I was told this plug-in was needed during my training session.)
  6. I had to request an additional ticket from my supervisor to IT.
  7. We had a 3-day weekend.
  8. LAME (seriously, that's what it's called) was installed when I came in this morning.
  9. I spent an additional 2 hours editing the Power Point and converting the aup files to mp3 files, and converting my Power Point file into jpg files.
  10. I then put all this stuff into a very basic looking webpage in SoftChalk because I got tired of playing with everything.

Simple is good.

No comments: